Our week together is coming to a close, and today is the last day of the #InstajoyProject. Thank you all so much for a wonderful week. I hope it has been a positive, enriching creative experience for you all. Here's a video for our final day, with a message for you all!
As I said in the video, today's task is to reflect on your week of creativity and to begin to look forward to 2016, thinking about what you would like for your life in the New Year. Some intentional reflection.
Looking back to look forward
Start by reviewing the week that's been. How has the #InstajoyProject experience been for you? How has it felt to regularly include creativity in your life? How did it go? Here are a couple of questions to guide your reflection - journaling or writing the answers down is a great idea.
- What went well in your creative practice this week?
- What didn't go so well?
- What could be improved, or what would I like to change?
- What do I need to put in place to move forward as I would like to?
Planning for 2016
Many of us are already beginning to think about 2016 and what we would like to invite in for ourselves in the New Year. I think back to when I was younger, and New Year was focused on parties and the most popular (and crowded) holiday spots. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was to get a little older, find the online personal development world and realise that you could approach the New Year a whole different way!
Taking some time to soulfully review the year that has passed, before developing a set of intentions for the new year is definitely my idea of a good time at New Year now!
There are a host of planners and workbooks out there to help guide you into a new year - and lots of them are free (I've done Susannah Conway's for several years). I highly recommend developing your own ritual or tradition to usher in the new year.
As part of your new year tradition, and as part of finishing the #InstajoyProject today, spend some time thinking about what part you'd like creativity to play in your 2016. Here are some thought starters:
- Do you have a project or product you would like to birth into the world?
- Is there a hobby or medium you've been dying to try?
- Do you want to increase the levels of creative thinking in your work?
- Would you like to change your work entirely to something that is more fulfilling?
- Would you like to be more creative with your children or grandchildren?
- Would you like to use creativity to increase your self esteem, mindfulness, productivity or wellbeing?
- Have you got arty UFO (unfinished objects) at home you would like to complete?
Have a piece of paper beside you as you create your mandala today, and as you work, make a list of all the creative things you'd like to do in 2016. Write down anything that comes to mind, don't filter or question anything on the list. Let your unconscious mind make the list by going with whatever thoughts come to mind, without interference from your conscious mind, (which is the part that raises questions and doubts!)
Once you have your list, check in with how you're feeling. Excited? Scared? Doubtful? Determined? Notice what you tell yourself about your list.
Then, either working with your whole list, or with one item of your choice, write down the answers to the following four questions. Answer each question with the same item from your list, so you get a full picture of the different results/consequences. This simple exercise is a great decision making and motivation tool!
- What WILL happen if I do... (insert item from your list). For example - What will happen if I do write my book?
- What WILL happen if I don't...(insert item from your list) e.g. What will happen if I don't write my book?
- What WON'T happen if I do... (insert item from your list). e.g. What won't happen if I write my book?
- What WON'T happen if I don't... (insert item from your list). e.g. What won't happen if I don't write my book?
This tool is a great motivation and clarity tool, so it's excellent to use if you feel unsure about whether you want to add something to your 2016 list of goals and intentions.
I would love to hear what plans you have for your creativity in 2016 - do let me know!
And please remember, I would love to stay in touch with you all, it would be great to see you in future editions of the #InstajoyProject. And of course, I'd love to see you in some of my paid programmes as well: a reminder that my 25% off all coaching packages lasts until 6 December only, as does the introductory pricing of $57US for Anchors and Wings.
Please scroll down further to the Day 6 post to see details of the offers.
Thank you all again for being here, and for your wonderful contribution to the #InstajoyProject. I have loved working and sharing with you all!
Love and light,