Today's photos are from our school swimming gala. Apart from the kids being SO proud to show off their water skills today, there are a few things of note in this day:
- Today is day 350 of 365. Holy heck! 15 days to go. Anyone got any requests for the last 15 days?
- It is Friday 7 March. Which means in exactly three weeks time I'll be at my exhibition opening, standing in a gallery full of my photographs
- Today I picked up my invitations and posters from the printer, and someone at school told me they heard the exhibition being talked about on the radio. This means it must really be happening
- Today the 16 images I have selected as the 'best of the best' rolled off the printer as fine-art prints. Seeing the first one suddenly made all of the hair-pulling and hand-wringing worthwhile. For those few moments, I felt absolutely peaceful, knowing that this thing I have made is beautiful. (In contrast with the rest of the time, when all my synapses feel as if they are fizzing with creative tension!)
- Lastly, I have the most incredible group of family and friends helping me bring this exhibition into the world. They include designers, creatives, musicians, foodies, fellow artists and writers, NLP friends and others - all who have added their particular piece of magic to what I am doing. I am very humbled by the wonderful offers of help I have had, and I know on opening day I will have a very, very full heart